5.09.2010

For Mom

I have a really wonderful Mom who has taught me some valuable life lessons through the years and we have some special memories that are just ours.  I'd like to share just a few of them for record keeping purposes and as a special tribute to her for Mother's Day.

Here's the most recent picture I have of my Mom.  Apparently all pictures we take now also have Mason in them. :)  
Aren't they so cute with their pretty blue eyes?

Lessons from Mom:

1)  Make it work.  Use the resources you have to accomplish what you need to and make it work.  Sometimes the best ideas are cheapest and most creative!

2)  Fake it 'til you make it.  In a good way, ya know?  If you're feeling blue, act happy--many times you'll become happy for real!  If you don't think you can do something, act like you can do it--you'll surprise yourself at what you can accomplish.

3)  Take a mental health day.  Once in a while it's a good idea to take a day off from school or work to do something fun, spend quality time with family, and rest and rejuvenate.

Favorite Mom Memories:

1)  Playing Memory.  It's our game.  My Mom is really good at it.  And thanks to her, so am I!  And since I got so much practice playing with my Mom growing up, I am virtually unbeatable!

2)  The Pringles game.  My Mom would buy regular Pringles and the reduced fat Pringles, and at lunch we'd take turns closing our eyes and feeding the other a mystery chip to see if the person could identify if it was regular or reduced fat.  It was pretty much the funnest thing ever for me at the time!

3)  Our duets.  My Mom and I used to play duets together....I'd play the piano and she'd play the flute.  Some of our favorites were Gymnopedie and Greensleeves.  We even played in Sacrament together.  Our duets were so fun and special, and sounded beautiful!


I'm so grateful to have such a loving Mom....Happy Mother's Day!  I love you!

No comments: