1.29.2009

Tagged by Calee

I got tagged by my camp friend, Calee, to share 6 things I'm grateful for.
Then (in keeping with Calee's tag) I will tag one lucky person and explain why. It could be YOU!

Thanksgiving in January

1) The Internet. For reals. How did people live without it? I can keep in touch with so many people through emails and blogging that I wouldn't otherwise keep regular contact with. What would I do without the internet? I'd have to take the time to call everyone on the phone like a sucker.
A story for my kids...."when I was your age, I walked outside to look at the sky and feel if it was cold or not....we didn't have quick access to weather.com!"
I can also find ANY answer to ANY question imaginable on the internet. Given, the answers may not be credible, but hey, they're there!

2) My Husband. Marcos is amazing. He takes care of me when I'm not feeling well (which is always) and waits on me hand and foot. I love our relationship. There's never a dull moment! One minute we'll be joking about silly things and quoting funny movies, and the next we'll be in a thought-provoking conversation about religion, politics, or relationships.

3) My Eyebrows. (Shout out to Katie) This represents all the very little things about life that make such a big difference, but I don't think to be grateful for them because they're just....there. So, to all things I take for granted, I say an all-inclusive THANK YOU!

4) My Car. Sure my old car gets me from A to B, but it also has sentimental value. And I'm so glad that for an old car, it has been so reliable and low-maintenance. Do you ever drive down the road and think, "It would reeeeeally stink if my car broke down there!" I'm so grateful for a reliable car, even though I probably just jinxed myself. (Next post..."Where my car broke down....")

5) My Calling. I am Beehive Counselor in Young Women's and also the Personal Progress Specialist. Once a month, I'm completely in charge of planning Personal Progress night. (For those who don't know what that is, it's a church-based program designed to help girls ages 12-18 make and achieve goals to better themselves.) I'm grateful for Personal Progress--it is such a great program. But with the girls, it's kinda like Math. You groan when you hear the word, it can be grueling to get through, but you're usually quite proud when you've mastered something.

6) My Family. C'mon, you knew it was coming. But seriously, how could I survive without them? I wish I could see them more often, but I'm so happy to have them as a support system. I'm also grateful for my in-laws. Dude, I reeeeally lucked out with fantastic in-laws, even if they are a little crazy....some more than others.......you know who you are.......

I TAG:
Katie. My life-long friend Katie is tagged, because she is one of the most honest and down-to-earth people I know (and to me that equals funny too:). She's also the most genuine person you'll ever meet, so I know she'll come up with some awesome stuff. No pressure, though, Katie. But I know your list will be mind-blowingly fantastic. ;)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Crap. You're gonna have to give me like a week to come up with this "mind blowingly fantastic" list. I hope I can sleep tonight. love ya ( ;

Kristen said...

So I'm assuming those aren't in order of priority otherwise Marcos lost in a sorry deal to the Internet. ;)

jennifer said...

so it makes me so happy that you are grateful for your eyebrows - they are fantastic by the way.

and i'll confess... i AM one of those crazy in-laws! i know i am. i feel it more and more every day - i can't keep the crazy hidden inside me anymore and others are starting to notice...