12.09.2008

Game Night

After the parade we went over to Dave & Amy Noalls (young married couple in our ward) and played Monopoly for about 3 hours. It was a new version where the money was all in hundreds of thousands and millions. (crazy inflation) It was really fun, except that the math with those large numbers gets pretty sticky! The game had modern places on the board (i.e. you can buy Disney World).

We put the scores in the picture. I have a sad face, because I went bankrupt when I landed on Times Square (aka Boardwalk) with a hotel and couldn't fork over the $20,000,000.00.
If you have ever played games with Marcos, you'll know 4 important facts:

1. He always wins.
2. He sometimes cheats.
3. He plays exactly by the rule book.
4. He argues 'till the death.

For those who have played games with Marcos, I'm sorry. :) You'll understand how it is the MOST fun you've ever had being annoyed during a game EVER.

6 comments:

jennifer said...

um, yes. i totally agree with your "marcos gaming truths". the arguing i cannot handle and usually back down until i feel like a squashed bug. so then of course he gets his way and wins!

Katie said...

I remember Marcos being quite pleasant when we played games with you guys (I won, of course)

he he j/k Marcos. Hopefully we can play games again soon! Are you coming to SD for Christmas??

Tiffany said...

That is kinda how I feel about Hyrum. He always wins and he can be cut throat sometimes. I always have to warn people to excuse my husband and to still be our friends after we play games.

Jack and Heidi Shiner said...

Ugh, that looked fun, sorry we missed it ;(

Amy said...

He sometimes cheats? I'm pretty sure he ALWAYS cheats.

Jesse Fox Brunner said...

At least Marcos keeps it fun and interesting:)