Once upon a time (of 2 years ago) Marcos and I had our first Christmas together. We got a traditionally real Christmas tree, complete with shedding needles and woody tree smell. But then, when it was time to take it down, we noticed our beloved tree had left us a little gift of it's own--a large stain of dirty tree water on sopping wet carpet that no amount of scrubbing would remedy...

...Thus enters this year's fake Christmas tree! 4 1/2 feet of never-dying, never-leaking, pre-lit Christmas cheer that fits our little apartment perfectly.
...Thus enters this year's fake Christmas tree! 4 1/2 feet of never-dying, never-leaking, pre-lit Christmas cheer that fits our little apartment perfectly.

7 comments:
beautiful!
I love fake trees. It's the best of everything, and most trees you can bend the branches to wherever you want them (like if you have a heavy ornament on one, etc). Can I say that and not get beheaded by the Christmas Nazis? :) I.love.fake.trees.
Haha, ditto. Although with each year our tree gets progressively smaller and less decorated. Add an 18-month old and you scrap the ornaments altogether and feel grateful the lights are more or less embedded in the branches. :) Very nice tree!!
fake trees are very practical when you're in a small apartment and don't have a disposable income (like most us young marrieds) if you asked me! I think it looks real purdy
Haha!! Ok - your comment on my blog made me laugh. Hard. Although Cricket posesses many admirable qualities, he -alas- does not speak. Sad, I know! Speech is on my list of things to train him to do - but comes after cleaning my house and doing my laundry... I'll keep you posted on how that works out.
Your Christmas tree is adorable - by the way. And so is your blog :)
Hi Mel!!
Ok, now I have a blog. So we will never lose touch again.
-Brianna
I like the picture of the red ornament and snow flake close up. Especially the glare in the red ornament of Marcos taking the picture. ;)
Post a Comment