12.22.2008

Christmas Tree Lane

Marcos and I drove down Christmas Tree Lane this year with Thomas and Amy. It is SO fun to drive by lots of houses with TONS of lights and decorations! For those unfamiliar with Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane...

**It consists of 2 miles of 140 homes and 300 trees decorated with lights
**It has been around for 86 years, making it one of the longest-running holiday events nationwide
**It began in 1920 with the decoration of a single tree in memory of a child who died
**More than 100,000 people visit Christmas Tree Lane each year

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas Tree Lane. We really missed it this year.

Habbala said...

Oooo! Christmas Tree Lane is so pretty!!!!

I live in graduate housing where everyone goes home for Christmas, so there are NO decorations. It's kind of depressing.

Habbala said...

Mel! The meal planning is SO much easier than it sounds. It helps me when I go grocery shopping to know what we're eating. Then it also helps because we don't do the "what are we having for dinner?" Let's just eat out thing... it gets so expensive!!!

I also like sitting down and perusing my recipe books.