
Today marks 2 months for our little boy! Getting to know Mason at 2 months:
- His eyes are still blue (where did that come from?!)
- He's learning how to blow bubbles and get nice and drooly
- He has discovered his tongue and likes to stick it out (explains the drool)
- He loves to be jiggled. Let me rephrase. He cries if he's NOT jiggled.
- He is all sunshine and smiles when he wakes up in the morning. That is, until it registers that he's hungry.
- He loves playing "Ninja" with Daddy - he loves to be moved around and jostled (see above about jiggling).
- He recently learned to suck his fist. No thumb...just the whole fist.
- He cries the most when I'm burping him. Apparently every burp is reason enough for red-faced screaming like it's the end of the world. (I thought feeding times were supposed to be relaxing/bonding time?!)
- He practically lives in his bouncer (see above about jiggling).
- He can Houdini his way out of the tightest swaddle.
- He is happiest on his changing table. Don't know why. Thought about taking the pad with me wherever I go.
- If you put him on the floor on his tummy he immediately lifts his head and uses the weight to roll onto his back and then starts crying (see above about jiggling).
- Nicknames include but are not limited to: Yoda, Little man, Slugworth, Sadness, Hunger, Stinkyboy, Bubba, Jabba, Lizardboy, Squidward, Bubbles, Fussy Fusserson, Chunk Chunkers.
5 comments:
such a cute picture of him! So I'm not sure I understood- he doesn't like being jiggled or her does? ( ;
um wow does he sure sound similar to beckett...the drool, the fist in mouth, the changing table happiness, and the houdini tricks...he's just recently let us start wrapping his arms up again and the trick for him is to get them laying flat at his side instead of on his chest. this keeps them in most the time, unless he's reeeally in the mood to be free, so he grunts an awful lot until he gets out or gives up. haha
I love this stage and look forward to it again! As for the burping, try giving him some Mylicon right before burping. I think it helps coat the esophagus & tummy so the burps don't hurt so bad. And it's natural so you're not giving him meds. My kids lived on the stuff and it made that time so much more pleasant for the both of us!
Yay for sleeping longer at night!
He is seriously the cutest baby! In some pictures he looks JUST like Marcus, but in others he looks JUST like you. :) I think he has your eyes. You guys make such a beautiful little family! Rubbing happiness!!
Post a Comment