It's so nice when newborn pictures are posted. The babies look so sweet with their little smiles and peaceful sleeping. Precious. Easy. But is it an accurate representation of having a newborn? In the spirit of keepin' it real, here are a couple of honest pictures.

This is a common face I see each day/night (those kinda blur when you feed every 3 hours). In this picture, he did not like his first bath! Daddy thought it was funny. :) But this face also goes for hungry/tired/gassy/messy diaper/too hot/too cold/want to be held/overstimulated/understimulated/you get the picture.

This picture was taken a few seconds after the cute smiling one in my header. See that trail of white ooze down my arm? Fresh spit up. Special thanks to Marcos for continuing to take pictures instead of getting me a rag. *thanks*
So, next time I post cute pictures of smiling and cooing, it's because those shining moments make all the crying and spit up and huge diaper blow-outs.....(which Marcos also has some pictures of, but I spared you).....WORTH IT.
7 comments:
so precious. you look so happy!and by the way, i love the name mason! that one is on our top five boy names that we LOVE!
So cute Mel! Wish I could be there to see him in person! :)
Ah yes. Spit up. Gotta love it. Theres nothing like that warm white nasty going down the INSIDE of your shirt. Especially just after a shower. I don't care how long its been, Im still not use to it. Its gross.
SO true Mel, so true!
He's a cutie. Isn't it funny how they can drive u SOOOO crazy but you still just love them to pieces??
Too true! I have quite a few of those "reality" moments in photos too. By the way, even when he is crying, he is so cute!
hahaha Awesome!
Post a Comment