5.02.2013

Some Things We Do

We play in the toy aisle at Target.

We play with magnets.  This is Mason's favorite thing to do right now.  He loves making designs with the shapes.  I love seeing what he does with them.  Can you tell by his groupings that he appreciates order in his life? Hahaha.

For a little while there I actually got Mason to play in the dirt in our backyard.  He wouldn't sit in the dirt, so I got him a tub to sit on.  He's got some cheap digging toys and buckets and such, but he doesn't use them.  He won't play in the dirt anymore.  I tried, people.  The kid just doesn't like to get dirty!

We play at parks.  Max loves to be outside.  Even if he is tired or hungry, he won't fuss at all if we're outside.

Mason rides his bike nearly every single day.  Sometimes we see ducks along our walk and it reminds me of Napa.

We play at more parks.  Seriously.  Like everyday.  We play at one park or another here in Turlock.  It's hard for me to get  good pictures at parks because I'm usually holding Max.

Sometimes we paint on the patio.  Again this is something he will enjoy for a little while, then  be done with it because he starts to get messy.

Trying to capitalize on my son's love for cleanliness, many times I'll just give him a squirt bottle and send him in the backyard to "clean" everything.  "Mama, I want to clean my truck.  I want to clean the windows.  I want to clean the fence." LOL.

We play with Play Dough.  Not too many things hold his attention for a long time these days, but play dough keeps him entertained for a long time.  We do it out on our patio, because good gracious it makes a mess!  (I wonder where he gets his neat freak gene from...hmm...let's hear it for messing up our kids by our own idiosyncrasies.)

We play Legos.  Lots and lots of Legos.

Mason really likes doing puzzles.  As he is putting it together he tells me he is "fixing it."  Spoken like a true  little man...who's gotta fix things.


2 comments:

Tracy Moore said...

LOL I totally love how he likes to be so clean :-) that's really funny.

Ashley said...

Your kids sound just like mine! Beckett can't stand being messy/wet (unless in a bath or pool). He compulsively wipes his face for fear of food being on it. Lincoln is pretty much the opposite...just wants to be outside and doesn't care about getting messy.