I realize I haven't even done a proper post adding this little guy to our family blog...and now he's already 4 months old! (Can you say, second child?!) Sorry Max. Being the second born myself, I completely understand. :)
Max was born July 24, 2012 at 5:50pm. He was 7lbs 8oz and 19.5 inches long. Mason was an emergency c-section, and for various reasons I had to plan another c-section with Max. Unfortunately, I went into labor 2 days before I was scheduled to have my c-section. The good part? I know he was fully ready to get outta there and I wasn't pulling him out beforehand. The bad part? I had to go through hours of unnecessary labor and pain when I knew he had to come out via c-section anyway. (I had eaten breakfast that morning not knowing I was in the beginning stages of labor, and had to wait 8 hours after eating until they could do the c-section for safety reasons.) The hours of waiting was the worst part. My labor pains were bearable, especially when I was sitting up and not on my back. But I just had to breathe through it all and wait. And wait.
Finally they prepped me for everything and I don't really enjoy talking about the rest as it gives me anxiety just thinking about labor stuff/surgery while awake/etc. But long story short....they let Marcos watch the c-section because he is a medical student, the baby came out with no complications, and I survived it all. I'm not a fan of c-sections, but this one was at least WAAAAAY better than the emergency one I had with Mason where I was put under completely and didn't get to see him come out and was worried about his welfare. I never had cause to worry about Max during labor/delivery, and I got to see him after he came out. I felt truly blessed.
Mason has loved Max since day 1. He kisses him and nuzzles his head. His only problem is that sometimes he shows too much "love." :) When Mason first visited with Max in the hospital, he would look at him with wide eyes and smile and "oooo" and "awww" over him. Mason seemed to know from the start that this baby was different from other babies he'd encountered--that this baby was OURS.
Mason's least favorite thing is when Max cries, and he will often show Max toys and say gently, "It's okay, baby Max." Mason even shares his toys with him. (For now) :)
At first I was a little sad I wasn't having a girl, but I honestly could not be happier than I am with my boys. They are AWESOME.
Welcome to the fun, Max. We are so happy to have you!


1 comment:
Yay for a new blog post! And yay for baby Max!!! :D
Post a Comment