8.05.2011

5 Years!!!

Back where it all began...
In June, Marcos and I celebrated our 5 YEAR anniversary!!!  That is so crazy to me!  I guess time flies when you're having fun, and being married to Marcos is definitely fun.

We took a trip down to visit my family in San Diego.  Special thanks to my Mom for watching Mason so we could go out and celebrate!  First we went to the San Diego temple, where we got married 5 short years ago.  We did sealings, and it was so incredibly special and a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary!

But the fun wasn't over yet.  Then we went to an amazing Churrascaria for dinner.  It's a very nice Brazilian steakhouse in downtown San Diego called Rei Do Gado.  You pay a pretty penny and then, on top of a salad buffet, you get ALL YOU CAN EAT MEAT that they bring to your table on skewers like this:
Mmmm....
They carve off a juicy piece onto your plate.  They have so many different kinds of meat they bring around to your table until you tell them you're full!  It's such an experience.  We enjoyed trying all the different meats.  We LOVED the bacon-wrapped filet mignon!  I'm not even a big meat person, but I ate so much and had so much fun!  Best meat I've ever had.


Our other favorite of the night were the sweet crab legs!  Marcos also had fun talking with the waiters and waitresses in Portuguese (he went to Brazil on his mission).  It was really fun for him to converse with them and ask them questions about the food and such.  I smiled and pretended to know what they were saying, like the white girl I am. :)

Something he remembered liking from his mission were chicken hearts.  These are chicken hearts.  Marcos asked the waiter (in Portuguese of course) if they had any chicken hearts he could try.  The waiter said it'd be a few minutes to cook them, but he'd bring some out.  I don't shy away from trying new food, so I chewed one.  Notice I said CHEWED and not ATE.  I just couldn't swallow it.  It didn't taste BAD.....it just tasted...WEIRD.  Marcos liked them, though.
This is us before we started stuffing our faces with amazingly juicy and flavorful meat.

And this is us after we're so full we're practically sweating meat juice.  Gross, I know, but if you've ever eaten meat until you're bursting at the seams, you know exactly what I mean.  Marcos ate a TON of meat "to get his money's worth."  He was so full he didn't eat for 2 days after.  Now THAT'S a good meal!

And an exceptional anniversary. :)

3 comments:

Habbala said...

You look SO happy. I love it. Congratulations to both of you. 5 years of awesome is just the beginning. :)

Katie said...

we'll have to try that place sometime! Glad you had a good anniversary.

jennifer said...

happy 5th anniversary! love you guys :)