7.31.2010

Napa: Week 1

Well, we live in Napa now, and so far we really like it (despite the major con of being too far from family!).  But it is so beautiful here....so lush and green with trees everywhere.  And the weather is heavenly and reminds me of San Diego weather.  It's nice, because there are grape vineyards reminiscent of Marcos' hometown of Fresno, and rolling hills that remind me of my hometown of San Marcos.

Today we visited Napa's premuim outlet mall, which is a lovely outdoor mall with lots of high-end shopping outlets....not that I shop at any of these places regularly, but it was really fun to walk around the nice mall.  I did like the Gap outlet, though, and if I had money I'd take advantage of their awesome deals.  We even saw tour buses that take loads of tourists to this outlet mall.  It was a lovely place to window shop and walk Mason in his stroller, and it's less than 10 minutes away from us.

 Our apartment complex has a really nice little playground we take Mason to, and he loves it!  He really likes this wall of rolling wheels.

And this spinning knob thing that barely qualifies as a toy but that kept him entertained for about 15 minutes.

Sliding with Mommy!

Peek-a-boo!

Sliding with Aunt Tracy!

Sliding with Daddy!

Monkeying around on the monkey bars.  Such a fun playground...and it's so nice that it takes us like 2 minutes to walk there.  Looking forward to many fun times here!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE Napa. I've got a lot of family on my side up in Walnut Creek and my cousin got married in Napa. It's so pretty. I hope you love it and enjoy this adventure! :)

Katie said...

Your neighborhood looks beautiful. I hope you guys are happy there!